Translation by Google Translate

Eating disorders and muscularity concerns in boys and men

By |2022-10-31T15:23:53+00:00October 31st, 2022|Eating Disorders|

Johnny, a 16-year-old male wrestler, was referred to our eating disorders clinic. When asked about the “typical” disordered eating behaviors for weight loss --including fasting, restricting, vomiting, or diuretics -- he denied all of them. However, his parents reported that ...read more

Women and ADHD: How menopause can affect women with ADHD

By |2022-10-21T09:04:09+01:00October 17th, 2022|ADHD, Menoopause|

One of the persistent and unhelpful myths around ADHD is that it is a disorder of young males. There are clear differences in the rates of diagnosis of ADHD between males and females in childhood, with as many as nine ...read more

What is neurodiversity? And what’s it got to do with OCD?

By |2022-10-10T20:01:24+01:00October 11th, 2022|OCD|

Around 85% of the UK’s population are ‘neurotypical’ and the other 15% are known as ‘neurodivergent’. But what does this mean? Neurotypical defines individuals with behavioural traits and brain function that are regarded as ‘normal’ in society, whereas neurodivergent refers ...read more

The Overlap Between Dyspraxia, Dyslexia and ADHD

By |2022-09-30T13:13:32+01:00October 3rd, 2022|ADHD|

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD for short, is a disorder in which the brain develops differently. This leads to issues with attention and/or hyperactivity and impulsiveness. Alongside these ‘core’ symptoms of ADHD exist a range of co-existing conditions which ...read more

What is ADHD?

By |2022-09-30T13:08:13+01:00October 1st, 2022|ADHD|

Today marks the beginning of ADHD Awareness Month .. but what actually is ADHD? Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD for short, is a lifelong neurodevelopmental disorder in which the brain grows and works differently. The core symptoms of ADHD include ...read more

Go to Top