Early diagnosis of dementia offers a range of benefits, including:
- a better chance of benefiting from available treatment
- prioritising your health needs
- reducing anxiety about your symptoms
- maximising time with your family
- early access to appropriate resources and support
- more time to plan for the future, including legal and financial matters and your care preferences.
According to the Social Care Institute for Excellence, there is also strong evidence that an early diagnosis can help someone with dementia to continue to live independently for longer.
With Psychiatry-UK there is no waiting list, our qualified professionals can help you get an early diagnosis.
Research published in 2020 in the The British Journal of Psychiatry Bulletin has shown that having video consultations can improve and widen patient and family access to healthcare, increase efficiency (no commute time) and improve clinical outcomes.
Video consultations allow clinicians to see patients in their own environment making it more comfortable, more convenient and less stressful while making the whole process quicker as there is no waiting time.
Ready to book your appointment?
There are a couple of ways you can book your Memory Assessment.
- You can call our friendly and knowledgeable patient services department, who will be happy to book a date and time that suits you on 0330 124 1980. There are very short waiting times, and we do not need a referral from your GP.
- You can complete a our contact form and someone from our team will contact you to book via email if you prefer. Please ensure you choose Memory/Dementia from the list of available treatments.